Thursday 24 November 2016

Another Muay Thai Class.

So today (last night, I left this and finished it the next day.)after a couple days off I went to the evening Muay Thai class. it was really good. Worked mostly on form , but it was also a great workout. Working on form is important because when your muscle memory is well trained , then your moves will start to come out far more consistently. You want your kick to always come out the same , you want your hook to come out the same and so on.

So I get a little disappointed when I throw a kick and end up of balance because I know that I used to be a lot better at that kick. Or It doesn't have the power I expected in it. That's what happens when you stop doing things you enjoyed. You get bad at them and most times you just stop doing it and never come back to it.

Well I want to get back to where I was and go beyond that. I know that to do that I will have to start lifting weights again more regularly and also make sure I stretch as well because I was a lot more flexible a while back which helps with high kicks and it also help in jui jitsu because the more flexible you are the easier lots of the moves are to pull off as well as the easier it is to get out of holds and locks. If youre not flexible you are prone to tapping out early.

So today I did a treadmill run for 30 minutes. 10 minutes of that was a warmup and 20 was interval running and walking. My calves hurt before the run and so I wasn't sure how long I would last. I remember that at some point that pain goes away and your muscles are then used to the activity and that's really where you can work on improving more.

I will check my weight on Monday to see if there was any improvement yet, but if there is it wont be much because I still didn't eat all that well.

I've been doing nothing but school lately so tonight I'm going out to have a couple drinks with a friend.

Anyway, song of the day.
I just came across this today and it was catchy and damn just check out Nicole....




No comments:

Post a Comment