Tuesday 15 November 2016

Yesterday's Muay Thai class.


I ended up going to Monday nights Muay Thai class and I'm glad I went, though it was a bit of an easier class which is ok but it was still a good workout. We worked on some combos, starting off fairly simple then building on each combo after every round. In between each round we did 30 sit ups, then the next round was 30 squats , then back to sit ups.

I have been thinking about what I want to do with this Maui Thai and I think that I want to finally take the testing and start advancing in levels. When I was at Kombat Arts in Mississauga, I advanced in Jeet Kun Do. I remember the testing and I remember the shirt I got for passing that has the phase 1 on the sleeve and it was really cool. I think I still have the shirt somewhere. I loved JKD.

I never took the Maui Thai testing though. I think now I want to when I feel I'm ready and I want to go at least to advanced level. First test is white level/beginner, the intermediate, advanced, then fighter and then instructor I think.

So I want to go to at least advanced and then at the point see if I want to go one more step. I am not as good as I used to be and that's because I haven't gone much in the past few years. There was a point though where I could do well in MMA and Jiu jitsu and stuff like that.

for Jiu jitsu we used to do "shark tank" where 4 or so people would go onto the mat, then 4 people would go against them. The winner who taps the other person out would stay on and another guy waiting would go against them. Some days I was on the mat for the whole class and I was exhausted and full of my sweat and other peoples sweat but id keep going.

Today I would not know what I'm doing on the mat, so maybe I'm thinking of staying another hour after Muay thai to do Jiu jots.

I used to take 3 hours of class some days when I was in good shape. I loved it. I'm glad I have time to do this again.

The point where I realized I had gained some good skill and could compete against some of the better fighters in the gym was when  I sparred this one guy name Matt . He was a muscled up brick wall and he needed a sparring partner, so I volunteered . I ended up going toe to toe with this guy and trading punches and I think I was faster than him so I was able to counter a lot of his punches and even stop them mid air. The match was pretty intense and a lot of people started to gather at the ring to watch.

When it was over people were coming up to me patting me on the back saying how awesome that was. I did feel awesome too. Not that I won or he did , but it was a toe to toe match against one of the toughest guys.

Today id get my butt kicked. So I would love to train again and get up to that level again and I think its very doable.

I just need to keep being consistent in going. Today though I did absolutely nothing. But that's ok as long as I don't make that a habit.

I need to go for another run soon.....

MOtivationa song of the day is the Mortal Kombat movie theme!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment