Monday 21 November 2016

Treadmill Run

It's really horrible outside. Windy and rainy, but I wanted to go for a run again because it's been a while since my last one. Luckily I have a treadmill downstairs, so that's what I used. I also decided to wear a 20 pound weighted vest and one of those sauna suits as well.

I only did 15 minutes changing between a jog and a fast walk. The added weight made it really tough. On top of that I have still been eating crap. So that doesn't help at all. So starting today I will start monitoring what I eat and I'm thinking that if I have the willpower I will try to shoot for about 1500 calories a day. So far today a bagel and egg.

Tonight I plan to go to a Muay Thai class since this weekend other than the run last night I haven't really done anything active. I spent a lot of time sitting in front of a computer doing work and playing some games online.

Why do I want to get in better shape? There are a few reasons. First of all is for health. I had a friend die of a heart attack last summer and he was my age (35).

I also want to be able to have energy and have fun playing with my kid(s) when I have my own some day.

The other thing is that it is really fun to do things that require you to be active. Martial arts is fun, and the better you get at it the more fun it gets. Biking is fun, rollerblading, all that stuff is fun. Think about when you were a kid and had to go to gym class. That was the best class ever. As we get older though we stop doing all that stuff. Then we sit around and get lazy and eat, and watch tv and sleep.

Then when we miss the fun stuff we used to do and we try to do it again, its hard. Its tough to get active a gain because you have extra weight, your joints hurt you aren't flexible anymore and you don't have the lung capacity anymore.

Lastly, though it may be first for some people, is that you look better. Unless you're rich, most women wont go for an overweight person if they themselves are in good shape.

Motivation song for today:





No comments:

Post a Comment